Practice Overview - Deutsch Atkins, P.C.
Employment discrimination and other workplace violations
For decades, the employment lawyers at Deutsch Atkins, P.C. in New Jersey have protected the rights of employees who lost their jobs for unlawful reasons, such as discrimination. We have represented thousands of clients throughout New York and New Jersey, obtaining millions of dollars through trial verdicts and negotiated settlements.
Effective employment law representation
Employment law encompasses a broad range of legal issues relating to the employee-employer relationship. If you have been unlawfully disciplined or terminated, the NJ employment law firm of Deutsch Atkins, P.C. has the knowledge and experience to effectively protect your rights and seek maximum compensation for the harm you suffered.
Our employment law attorneys handle a broad range of legal issues:
- Discrimination — We help victims of unlawful employment discrimination based on race or national origin, sex or gender, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, or sexual orientation.
- Harassment — Employees cannot be subjected to a hostile work environment because of their status in a protected class. We can help you if you have been a victim of harassment.
- Retaliation and whistleblowing — Employees who report wrongdoing in the workplace have special legal protections. You should not experience hardship or lose your job for blowing the whistle.
- Severance packages — We advise clients on severance issues during employment contract negotiations and assert their rights if they are wrongfully terminated.
- Family and Medical Leave Act — We advocate for employees who need time off for personal or family medical crises or who face retaliation for asserting their right to time off.
- Fraud and misrepresentation — Our firm litigates on behalf of persons who have suffered economic loss and professional harm due to employer fraud or misrepresentation.
- Employment contracts — We negotiate employment contracts for high-level executives and counsel clients when employers breach their contracts.
- Restrictive covenants — We negotiate and review noncompete and confidentiality agreements and other restrictive covenants for our clients and litigate related issues.
- Wage and hour issues — We work to obtain fair compensation for persons who are entitled to overtime pay.
Experienced counsel for business/commercial disputes
- Shareholder and partner disputes — We protect our clients’ rights to compensation when there is a dispute involving shareholders and partners.
- Commercial litigation — We safeguard our clients’ interests in all types of contractual and business disputes.
- Arbitration and mediation — We seek cost-effective, timesaving resolutions to controversies through alternative dispute resolution forums, including NASD, AAA and voluntary mediation.
Contact our distinguished NJ law firm
Deutsch Atkins, P.C. has the resources and commitment to protect your rights. We seek to maximize our clients’ compensation in even the most complex and difficult employment law cases. To contact an experienced NJ employment discrimination lawyer, call 201.498.0900 or contact us online. Our firm has offices in Hackensack, Bergen County, New Jersey; Pearl River, Rockland County, New York; and Midtown Manhattan.