Carly Skarbnik Meredith
Carly Skarbnik Meredith, Esq. is an associate at Deutsch Atkins, P.C. and joined the firm in 2010. Ms. Meredith represents both employees and employers with their employment issues, needs, and concerns. Ms. Meredith actively litigates in federal and state courts. She represents clients on a variety of employment related issues including: wrongful termination, wage and hour, contractual matters, non-competes, discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblowing.
During her tenure at Deutsch Atkins, Ms. Meredith has helped obtain seven figure settlements for a number of the firm’s clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Meredith clerked for the Hon. Rachelle L. Harz, J.S.C. from 2009-2010.
Ms. Meredith graduated from the University of Maryland College Park in 2006 and earned her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2009. During law school, Ms. Meredith worked as a judicial intern for the Hon. Dennis M. Cavanaugh, U.S.D.J.
- “The Cat’s Out of the Bag: U.S. Supreme Court endorses ‘cat’s paw’ theory of liability in employment cases,” New Jersey Law Journal, June 6, 2011
- “Terminating an ‘Irresistible’ Employee,” American Bar Association, Employment & Labor Relations Law, Spring Issue 2013
- “Mitigating Front-Pay Damages in NJLAD Cases,” New Jersey Law Journal, June 2012 –
Honors and Awards
- Included in the Thomson Reuters list of New Jersey Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars* in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Included as one of Bergen’s Top Lawyers by (201) Magazine in 2014 and 2015.